Have you realized that you need to bring your “A” game to your social impact design and marketing, but not sure how to start? It’s time to call for help. Someone that not only produces great work, but understands your needs, and that you would actually like working with.
“Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works.” — Steve Jobs
In order to make that possible, you have a bit of homework. Here’s how you get your sh*t together before any actual designing takes place:
- Figure out what the problem is that you’re trying to solve. Are online sales down? Is no one opening your emails? Everyone gets your org. confused with a different one? You get the idea. This is gold for designers. We love to solve problems and look for unique ways to do it.
- What will success look like: is it raising $$$, getting more subscribers to your newsletter, getting your audience to take you seriously. This will help us come up with creative solutions.
- Be realistic about how much you can spend. This number might change after you look around and see how much campaigns, branding, etc., actually cost.
- Start looking at different designers/agencies to get a feel for how they work, their strengths and personalities. Ask around for recommendations.
- Ask for a consultation. You might have to pay for one, but it will help you get a feel for each other.
When was the first time you invested in your organization’s design? How was the experience?
ALSO SEE Nonprofit