The last couple of weeks I’ve written how design is a necessity, but what if your budget is practically nonexistent. What do you do?
Hands down, for your long-term success your site needs to be invested in, but if you just need a short-term site there are free, or inexpensive platforms and templates you can use.
Regardless of how much money you spend, your sites success rate will depend on your figuring these things out:
- what are your objectives for the site
- make your content user focused — what do they need & want to know
- write in small chunks not long paragraphs
- use headlines, subheads and callouts for people to skim
- make sure its mobile responsive
You can choose from a variety of inexpensive platforms: WordPress, Squarespace, Wix, or Shopify. Which you chose should depend on the kind of site you want to build and the content you have. Look at the templates offered and check out other sites that have used them to help you make the best choice.