Is your donation landing page working as well as it could? Here are 6 ways you can increase your results:
- Make sure it’s optimized for mobile
- Donation amounts should be prominent
- Payment options should be easy to understand
- Call to action should be engaging and action oriented
- Tell them how the money will be spent
- Make sure the donate button is visible on every page
Don’t forget to say thank you. The thank you page is often overlooked and not given its due. It’s another way to engage with your donors, so don’t skimp on this experience. Think about how you can make it better. It could be fun, heartfelt, or interactive. Maybe it’s video from one of the clients that the money will support, or from the executive director. Really the goal to try something new, and treat the donor interaction as something special.
I personally love the idea of tagging donations to actions. If, for example, someone donates $50 to buy school books. Once those books have been bought, let the donor know. Send them a text or email about it.
Have you updated your donation page with any of these ideas? What were the results?